Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Viral

Reagan has been a doll today...very sweet and smiley. I'm so glad that she finally seems to be feeling a little better. She's still not sleeping very well...most nights she wakes mid morning (3am last night) and we end up putting her in bed with us. She really likes sleeping beside her Daddy...Mommy not so much (I think it's Daddy's loud, rhythmic breathing). She's been extremely gurgly today. Lots of spit just sitting there in the back of her throat. She coughs every now and then but never really clears it. It's driving me crazy! If I could just get her to swallow already!!! I find myself clearing my throat constantly as if she'll pick up on what I'm doing and follow suit. No such luck. I think some of it may be sinus drainage. My allergies have been horrible today, so that wouldn't surprise me if she's feeling it too. The fever has been absent all day but this afternoon we noticed little red spots all over her back. My first thought was chicken pox, but the spots aren't raised at all and I remember hearing that kids sometimes get rashes with viruses. I spoke to the pediatrician who said it sounds like roseola (a virus), she also mentioned Reagan's bloodwork came back and looked indicative of a viral infection...so that all kind of makes sense. The good news is that they were able to talk the immunologist into fitting her in for an appt tomorrow morning (instead of late June). Well we don't actually have an "appt", they are just going to squeeze us in at some point so it could be a long day. This is another doctor that has come highly recommended so I'm hoping she might be able to give us some insight as to why we just can't seem to get Reagan healthy lately! Please continue to keep her in your prayers...

3 comments:

Proud Wifey And Mommii of 3 said...

Good Luck with Reagan's Appt tomorrow.

Another Mommy said...

So glad you got in. Hopefully this doc. can help Reagan. Will pray that he has wisdom.

Wendi Taylor said...

Please consider having her rash *seen* by a doctor a.s.a.p.; rashes following strep infections can sometimes be a sign of a serious (but rare) complication. I don't want to scare you, but I'd hate to see them miss something that could be important for your little one, either. At least take pics of it in case it changes before you get in to the dr.