Sunday, March 28, 2010

Relentless fever

So things seem to be getting worse here rather than better. Reagan woke up this morning with a very high fever (104.3). She was burning up and just plain miserable. She was also shaking/trembling in a way that looked way too seizure-ish for my liking. We've been giving her Tylenol every 4hrs today and her fever has never really gone down below 101. I spoke with the pediatrician on call and she thinks we should bring her back in tomorrow...so they can check her again to see if anything has progressed (to the point where they can identify what's causing this). I hate dragging her back to that germ infested place but I don't know what else to do! I thought for sure she would be feeling better by now! Not so. She threw up twice today...once when she first woke up this morning and once tonight. She's super spitty and not managing it well at all. It's hard to tell if she's throwing up because she's sick or if she's just choking on her spit and then gagging. I'm super paranoid about tonight...I'm worried about her choking but also very concerned about the fever situation. I think I'm going to set my alarm to get up every 4hrs to keep her on a steady dose of Tylenol. The morning seems to be her time of choice for spiking a temp, so I want to keep her medicated. Please continue to keep her in your prayers...she certainly needs them.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sweet girl.I cannot believe the fever came back.I so thought it wouldn't.I say head back in but see if they can put you in a room when you get there so you don't have to wait in the waiting room.

I'll call tomorrow.Praying for a good night.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear Reagan is sick. We are praying for her fever to break and also for her to stay healthy. I check on her daily and say a lots of prayers. My husband even asks how is Reagan doing? :) Stay strong and just you aren't alone. God knows our needs.
Jamie

jocalyn said...

Tera, I'm so sorry. Fevers are so scary. I really hope you get some answers today. Thinking about you guys this morning.

Wendi Taylor said...

Can Reagan take ibuprofen (aka Advil, Motrin, etc.)? If so, you might try alternating the Tylenol (acetaminophen) with ibuprofen. The alternating combination can bring stubborn fevers in children down when neither alone works. What you want to do is stagger their doses so that they overlap half-way.

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness baby girl! cool wash cloths and loungin in her diaper..I hope things turn around! Lots of prayers and hugs.
:(