Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Out of the office

Last night Reagan ended up in our bed a little earlier than I would have hoped. That also meant she woke up for the day earlier around 5:15am. The good thing, she woke in a great mood and she's been an absolute angel all day. Very easy going and sweet, quite the change from yesterday's feisty girl. I'm sure her therapist was thrilled to see her so happy (considering the nonstop crying session she had last week)...she was certainly all smiles today for aquatic therapy. Then we came home and our new helper worked with her on some stretching and vision exercises. So far, so good. She's certainly more motivated than our previous helpers...she does things without having to be told, which is good because I'm not always the best at delegating...especially when it comes to Reagan. This afternoon was filled with headaches. Nothing to do with Reagan, everything to do with her neurologist's office. Her neurologist is out of town...AGAIN. And as it turns out the entire office is out all week! So I was wondering why I never heard from the EEG scheduler...he's out too. According to the secretary, they are operating on a skeleton crew this week and apparently Reagan's doctor never made note of the fact he wanted an EEG scheduled so there's nothing we can do but wait for him to come back. I'm beyond irritated! Then there was also tons of confusion over her Topomax prescription...it was out of refills and someone from the office kept refusing the requests by the pharmacy to refill it. After talking with the pharmacy, the neuro's secretary, the pharmacy, the secretary...finally I was assured it was straight. I went to pick it up and 30min later as I was leaving with the goods and glanced down to see that they had given me Topomirate...the generic equivalent to Topomax. Well, everyone that deals with seizures knows that you don't just switch from brand name to generic, so back I went. They had to give me loaner pills until they could get this whole "brand name only" thing verified by a doctor. Ugh. So frustrating. Did I mention I was frustrated? But then I come home to the most precious girl in the whole world! She was so cute tonight! Smiling away and giggling for no particular reason. Just a doll. I hope that little doll sleeps well tonight...in her own bed!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Angel and precious?That's my girl.the prescription thing ... oh I so get that!!Everytime we get it filled,the Topamax,they give us generic and everytime we have to say ,no we need the brand name.Medical pays ONLY for the brand name.Why must we go through this everytime!Frustrating.Sounds like a great day.We'll pray for more of those.As for the neurologist .. I'm sure you can only imagine what I have to say about that!!!

Sinead said...

Child Neurology Society meeting this week - that is probably why they are away.

Karen Owens said...

Yes! We got the T-shirts! LOVE THEM!!!! I was trying to get photos to send to you but haven't got the chance.

You are so sweet -- thanks for thinking of us!

Dawson said...

That girl. You just never know what your gonna get do ya?? Hate your having to deal with such frusrating things such as that. We have been pretty fortunate with that kind of stuff but it just doesn't take a whole lot to set you off when your dealing with seizures. I sooooooo get it!!!