Thursday, October 15, 2009

Botox (take two)

I guess it was a good thing we got a full night's sleep the night before because Reagan has been a ball of energy all day long...starting at 1am this morning! She was up, wide awake and talking away from 1am-3:30am!! She woke back up a little after 8 and has been going strong all day long. She had a Feldenkrais lesson this morning. It was the first session since her practitioner got back from her advanced Anat Baniel training in CA. She was amazed at how well Reagan seemed to be following people and objects with her eyes. She was also shocked to hear her so talkative. She babbled on the entire hour...nonstop. Then we headed over for her Botox injections. Botox and casting really goes against everything that Feldenkrais & Anat Baniel teach BUT Reagan's ankles are in such bad shape. They aren't just tight anymore...they're contractures so we have to do something drastic in order to help her. The Botox this time around was a little more major than I remember. The first time she had it (about a year ago), I think she only had two shots in the back of each calf and one in the front. This time she had one in each thigh, three in the back of each calf, two in the front, and one right at the ankle to try to help with her stubborn curling toes. That was WAY more than I was expecting. At the end, I was pretty much begging the doctor to just stop! Reagan handled it much better than I did...not crying at all until the last shot. She was super wired beforehand (and after). She was talking away and giggling in the waiting room. She's actually been doing this crazed giggling thing all afternoon/night. Not sure what that's all about. It's adorable, but so unlike her (so it almost worries me). She didn't go down for a nap until 4:15 this afternoon. That's a long time for her to go at such a fast and furious speed without any rest. She's been going strong again all night...I'm wondering when and if she's ever going to settle down and fall asleep?!?! I still think the teething is an issue. This morning her cheeks were really flush and she was running a low grade temp, so I'm sure that's not great for sleep either. After our night last night, I'm ready for some more catch up sleep. We'll see how that goes. Please keep Reagan in your prayers...

1 comment:

Kristine said...

The Botox appointment must have been very tough. I can't believe she didn't cry until the last one. Good job Reagan!! :) I'd have been bawling.