Thursday, October 22, 2009

Answers needed

Today was a little less stressful than yesterday...although Reagan did throw me for a loop last night. Mike attempted to lay her down last at 11pm...she was not having it. So I stayed up with her waiting for her to wind down and get sleepy...didn't happen. Finally at 1:30am I gave up on her getting sleepy and I put her in her bed awake and I put myself to bed. I was hoping we could sleep in a little but she woke screaming at 7am and ruined any chance of that. We didn't have anything scheduled all morning (that's a first), so our helper was able to work with her in her therapy room for a while. Reagan's been less talkative and smiley than she was earlier in the week...she's not fussy, just calm and quiet. Maybe it's the increase in seizures spoiling her fun...I don't know. They have gotten worse as the week has gone on (more twitches and more big spasms that knock her for a loop). She's got the EEG scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'm a little nervous that they won't catch everything they need to see on a measly 1hr EEG. I really want some answers. Are the twitches seizures? Are they epileptic? What about the laughing episodes? Are those seizures? What next? Do we increase the Banzel further? It certainly has helped with the tonics, although it's not even supposed to help those (it was given with the intention of helping with the myoclonics)! HELP!!!!! Please say some prayers about all of this. We need some direction on where to go next and we need it from Him! And then if an EEG wasn't enough, we go straight from there to meet her PT for casting! I can't really think of two more unpleasant things to have scheduled back to back. Hopefully we can keep Reagan calm through all of this. Continued prayers are definitely appreciated.

3 comments:

Dawson said...

Hoping the EEG goes well today and hope that maybe it will lead to some much needed answered questions. Give her a hug from Allison and myself

Shonda said...

I pray you get some needed answers from the EEG. Hope you and Reagan had a good day.

blogzilly said...

I hate the one hour EEG's too...it's SO hard to catch stuff on 'em. You guys'll be in my thoughts...