Friday, September 18, 2009

My time

Unbelievable...Reagan slept last night from 8pm-6am!!! It was awesome! That's 10hrs of uninterrupted sleep for our little one! That doesn't happen often, so we are always amazed when it does! I woke up with nonstop sneezing and red itchy eyes. I think it's just allergies, but I've been pretty miserable all day! Reagan has sneezed a couple times too, so I sure hope we're not getting sick. Her Feldenkrais practitioner mentioned that her granddaughter was fighting a cold, so that makes me a little nervous. Reagan hasn't had a single vaccine since her 4mo shots, so I'm always nervous about her being anywhere near sick kiddos. I've actually been putting off taking her to the pediatrician's office for quite sometime now because everytime she goes in there she picks up something nasty (although I finally caved and made an appt for Sept 30th). We've actually got all kinds of appts coming up, which means even more exposure to the germ infested world. Scary. Today was an easy day for us, only one therapy to go to... feeding therapy. Reagan tolerated the stretching without a problem and then took some good bites of graham cracker sticks (which she also chewed like a pro). Some of it came back out, but I was really impressed at how well she did with those! That's the closest thing to real food that she's ever eaten! Baby steps, but we are definitely making some progress. Seizures are still about the same. Mornings are the worst, but really anytime that she wakes up from sleep she has a ton. Yesterday she only had 2 of the bigger myo-tonics, and I was hoping it was the beginning of a trend (so I didn't want to jinx it by mentioning it in yesterdays post), but today she's had a lot of them. And they're really upsetting her. A few times she actually cried after them. I really hate these. Especially the moaning and crying afterward. It breaks my heart. I just want to see some real improvement. Improvement that lasts. And continues. When are we going to see that? Hmmmm? I think it's time. Unfortunately, I know that's not how it works. It's not going to happen in my time (obviously, or it would have already happened a long time ago), but in His time. But when exactly is His time? I guess we just have to keep hoping and praying that it will be soon.

No comments: