Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ikea bound

It was a long one last night. Reagan didn't go back to sleep until 1:30am but she did sleep through til 6:30am. Problem is, I could sure use more than 5hrs of sleep! I'm exhausted. What's funny...she seems fine! I've been dragging all day but she's been happy as can be. The only therapy she had today was Feldenkrais, she had a great session and then we headed over to Ikea with Grandma. It's funny, I rarely get out to go anywhere other than to Reagan's therapies and doctors appts, so this was quite the treat! We found all kinds of neat things for Reagan's therapy room! The main purpose of the trip was to find some sort of shelving to store her toys, but we ended up bringing lots more home than that! We found some round paper lanterns in bright colors (fushia, green, and turquoise) that really inspired us as to what direction we want to go for the color of the dots on the walls! Sounds like we'll be painting again this weekend! I think they will work well to provide some visual interest for Reagan while she's doing her therapy. We also found a neat swing to hang from the ceiling. It's called the Ekorre and she's tried it before at her old therapy place and seemed to like it. It's only $30 (the link says higher) and that includes everything you need to hang it...a real deal compared to the special needs swings you have to take out a small loan to afford. We walked through the entire store without so much as a peep from Reagan. She just sat in her stoller smiling away! She was a perfect angel! And she seemed to enjoy getting out and seeing the world. Poor thing, I don't take her out much. I don't know if it was all the running around today or what but she did not want to eat! Every time I tried to give her a bottle she was very disinterested. She only drank about half of her regular amount (which is already way less than she should be drinking for her age/wt). I guess I'm just going to have to do my best to pump her full of fluids tomorrow. Time for bed. Hopefully it will be an all nighter (of sleep, that is).

1 comment:

Jamie said...

awww! that seat is awesome! I saw it in my ikea book! have a great weekend :D