Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Feeling a little better

With all the recent medication changes we've really going back and forth with sleep. Some nights are great (like last night) and Reagan sleeps the whole night through and then some nights it feels like I spend more time awake than asleep. It's so hard to get an accurate read on anything. Is it the medication interfering with her sleep...is it the seizures...who the heck knows? And the same goes for the seizures...is it the medication changes making them worse...are they just evolving and getting worse on their own...nobody knows. It's very frustrating. I do know that Reagan woke up this morning feeling a little better and that was a relief. She's still got a runny nose and was more sleepy than usual, but her overall demeanor was much improved. She's been very sweet and vocal all day today. She was even talking all through her Feldenkrais session! Tonight when Mike got home from work he came over and said something to her and immediately she started saying dada/dadee. It was too cute! I really think she's trying to talk! This weekend when my mom was over helping me with all of the painting, she snuck up on Reagan. She didn't say a word but got in her line of sight and Reagan got all excited and started saying Gaga!!! You have to remember, Reagan has vision that is significantly impaired, so that was very impressive! Now...if only we could get her saying mama! I hear it occasionally, but it's usually when she's crying and upset. I guess that's just how it goes. Hopefully she'll sleep well tonight, I could use another good night's sleep and so could my little sick girl. She was giving us a little grief at bedtime, so it'll be interesting to see how it all works out. Continued prayers are appreciated.

1 comment:

blogzilly said...

Asking for Mama when she cries is a great sign. Heck even I do that and I'm 42! :)