Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First day of aquatic therapy

Last night was brutal! Reagan was up A LOT. We tried putting her in our bed, where I got NO sleep, and then finally around 4am I got up with her til 6! Even though she kept waking up crying (and having tons of seizures), she was happy and smiley once awake. Key word is awake, wide awake, in the middle of the night. She did finally go back to sleep at 6 and slept in til 8. I was dragging but she seemed to have enough energy to enjoy her first day of aquatic therapy. More than half of the time they spent just trying to loosen her up. Reagan's got a lot of spasticity in her arms/hands and her legs/feet...so hopefully doing therapy in the water will help her to relax that a little. She enjoyed it. I think it was a big plus that the therapist has already worked with her in the office, out of the water, so it gives her a better perspective of things she needs to work on. She's also just the sweetest lady, she sings the whole time to Reagan. After only 45min in the pool Reagan was pretty beat but she managed to stay awake through her entire Feldenkrais lesson (I don't know how, I was falling asleep). I sure hope we have less excitement tonight. I'm not sure if her not sleeping well had anything to do with me increasing her Banzel last night but we certainly haven't seen any improvement in her seizures. Please keep this in your prayers. I really want to give this medication a fair chance, and I still hope it's going to work, but I'm afraid it might be making them worse (if that's possible). I'm so sick of seizures. So sick. Lots of prayers needed in that area!! A few pics in the pool...








6 comments:

blogzilly said...

Well, even though I still can't pray yet, you guys are, as always in my thoughts. I hope, hope, hope all the time.

That aquatic therapy looks like fun. I think we as the parents need to have some therapies ourselves. How about that...new business venture. Therapies to relax the parents of children with special circumstances?

Lacey said...

Maybe thats why Jax never sleeps, he's having more seizures. He's making me crazy. The pool looked like a great time.

Karen Owens said...

She looks great in the pool -- I bet she loved it!

jocalyn said...

Looks like she enjoyed it. And her swimsuit is precious (of course!)

Rhea said...

Love the pictures! Anna's been off her meds for almost a week - no seizures with the vitamins. Have you ever thought of trying them, since the meds are not working. The website is Truehope.com. Let me know if you want to chat! Praying for you daily!!!

Jamie said...

Im with blogzilly on that one! lol couples retreats..insurance paid trips to the tropical Island of your choice!! heck, Id take a chef once a week to come cook us a romantic dinner!
Aquatic therapy looks awesome! I really hope Reagan continues to enjoy it :) Madie likes her little kiddie pool and her squirt toys..lol
hang in there
(((hugs)))