Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 6

So today was day 6 of Reagan's good day streak...and we're still going strong. Maybe it's the good night's sleep she's been getting, I know it makes me happier. Today she had her Feldenkrais/ABM session first thing in the morning and then we ran home for literally 5 min and then headed straight over to feeding therapy. She spent a lot of time in the car seat without so much as a peep. Oh I remember the days when I couldn't go 5 miles without her screaming and holding her breath the whole way. She's just been so good lately! She did really well in feeding today. She ate 4 veggie sticks (the puffy, chip-like things that dissolve very quickly and don't pose a choking hazard) and then about 1/3 of a snack pack of applesauce. She was really enjoying the applesauce. I need to make a trip to the grocery store. Then when I got home I mushed up 1/3 of a banana and she ate that up too! She has always liked banana baby food but she's never been a fan of the real thing. When you mush a banana it gets really slimy and she's usually not very good at managing that texture but today she did a great job and nothing came back out! She's still very spitty but somehow she can manage the food and swallow it down while letting only spit come back out! Her therapist thinks the spit might be related to reflux. Reagan has silent reflux, it rarely causes her to throw up, but you can hear it coming back up on a regular basis. I sure wish we could find something to successfully treat her reflux but she's been on Prevacid, Zantac, and now Nexium and nothing seems to do the trick. Just another frustrating thing to deal with. That has to affect her eating. I can imagine I wouldn't want to eat with stuff bubbling up my throat all the time! Yuck! And yet she's been such a sweetie! This girl, she's a trouper!

2 comments:

Missy said...

I am so glad to hear that Reagan has had 6 good days in a row! What a great streak! I wanted to suggest Zegerid for reflux. Samuel was on it for a long time and it worked wonders for him. It honestly was the best thing we found!

Missy

jennifer said...

Way to go Reagan! Keep up the happy days!