Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bubble column

Sleep...at last! Reagan finally slept through the night last night. And that's without me lowering her nighttime dose of Banzel. Maybe she wore herself out with all the squealing and babbling? Who knows, but it was nice! Unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen tonight because she fell asleep at 8:15pm, which is way too early for her, I keep waiting for her to wake any moment now. Today was a pretty easy day therapy-wise, she only had Feldenkrais and that wasn't until 2:30 in the afternoon. I wish I could say I got a lot done today but I didn't. Reagan was very high maintanence and whiny, a little out of character for her of late. Hopefully she'll cheer up and be back to her happy self by tomorrow (or tonight if we're up). We did get an exciting delivery today...a budget bubble column! I found one online for $169, I know not that budget friendly (we used some of Reagan's leftover birthday money for it). Although when you compare it to the other option which is a couple thousand dollars, it's very reasonable. Reagan seems to like it just the same! It automatically cycles through red, yellow, blue, and green and it's also switch adapted (which means you can plug a switch into it in order to teach cause and effect). I think it will be really great for her visually. It seems to hold her attention and I can't wait to find a good place for it in her therapy room (I'll have to post a picture of her watching it)! The only concern for more mobile children would be that it's not as heavy/sturdy as the bigger tubes and might be tipped over fairly easily (although you could probably figure out a way to weight it down or brace it).

No comments: