Saturday, September 26, 2009

Biter

Reagan slept well last night and then woke up this morning a changed baby (thank God)! Super happy and very talkative. She's really got Dadee and Dada down now. It's funny, when she wakes up in the morning we'll usually hear her babbling in her crib, and then we'll hear her shout Da! Like she's saying, OK come pick me up Dad! It's too funny. Seizures are still about the same today, maybe a few less tonics, but still nonstop twitches. She's also been super spastic today, very high tone all over. Even in her mouth. I've noticed lately she's started grinding her teeth again but today she's been doing it almost nonstop and clamping her teeth down so tightly you can hear it. Actually a few times today she had blood coming out of her mouth from biting the inside of her cheek while doing this. I don't know what to do! How can we stop her? I'm afraid she's going to tear up the inside of her mouth! I wonder if maybe she's teething? She did try to bite my hand today. I noticed last night that her cheeks were really hot and red, maybe it's all related? It's so tough trying to figure these things out, it's not like she can tell us what's going on. Frustrating. She was getting a little irritated right before bed so I gave her some tylenol, maybe that will help. Speaking of, I've had a headache all day and tylenol hasn't even made a dent in it. Thankfully, no more episodes of vertigo. That was so strange. Today we switched reflux medications again...sort of. I just switched Reagan over to the generic of prilosec, omeprazole (which was also the main ingredient of Zegerid). I just couldn't fight her anymore to get that Zegerid down. It was seriously taking me an hour, an HOUR, to get her to take 25mls of this medicine dissolved in water. Not to mention she was gagging and dripping it out the whole time! So now we're getting the omeprazole in capsules that can be opened and sprinkled on applesauce...which she'll eat no problem in about 30seconds. I'm still not sure if the new medication is working better than the Nexium, but I guess time will tell on that one. Please continue to keep Reagan in your prayers.

No comments: