Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In need of sleep

Last night was a little rough. Reagan was just restless, she was extremely difficult to get to sleep and even harder to keep her that way. Every single time I'd get up with her to go lay her down, she'd wake back up. Finally I just laid her in bed with my mom and she shushed her to sleep. Unfortunately that didn't last long. She woke up crying around 3 and I got up with her. Lots of whining and fussing, she just couldn't seem to get comfortable. I had to lay down beside her to finally get her back to sleep (bumping Grandma out of her own bed). Hopefully she'll sleep a little better tonight, now that her patch is off, because we're all exhausted. We went in this morning and her doctor took the patch off and examined her eye. She said it looks good...no signs of infection. She said there are only two tiny incisions so she doesn't anticipate Reagan having too much discomfort. Of course, she didn't take gas pains into account. Reagan had a horrible bout of tummy pains this afternoon. She was fine all morning and then this afternoon I went over to the house to clean a little and that's when it hit. Lots of gas, lots of crying. Poor girl. I was actually beginning to think things were getting better because she's had 3 dirty diapers in the last 3 days, all of them without crying. Maybe she just missed me. She did seem to calm down about 30 min or so after I came home, but that could just be coincidence. Still no word on getting her into the allergist sooner. I guess I'm going to have to call them about that tomorrow. We're super close to moving in to the new house. They've almost completely finished with the renovations. The only thing left to do is repaint the trim in the living room which is going to be done tomorrow. It looks good. There's still some stuff we need to finish up ourselves, like changing every light fixture in the house and painting all the bathrooms and Reagan's therapy room, but we'll probably finish those things up over the next few weeks while living there.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Hopefully this post surgery discomfort will go away soon. I'm excited for you to get into the house.