Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tummy time

After a good night's sleep last night, Reagan was in a pretty good mood today. We had a few therapies scheduled (one of which we had to cancel because someone was sleeping) and for the most part they went well. We've also been working with her on the floor (on her tummy). I'd like to try to get her on the floor as much as possible, it's just so hard with all the therapies, feedings, etc... As a baby she really never had that time on the floor like most kids. Reagan was such a cranky baby, crying nearly nonstop, we were always holding her. Then she was diagnosed with seizures, vision problems, and reflux...she just never had that tummy time that babys need for proper development. Of course I'm not blaming that on her lack of development, but it surely didn't help. So that's something I'm going to try to do more often. Put her down! Sounds simple enough, right? It's hard for me, since I've held her so much for so long. It's even harder with her drooling puddles right now. I don't know if it's teething or what, but it's driving me crazy! And she's constantly gagging on it! It's like she forgets to swallow it! Agh! Tomorrow we're closing on our new house. We went over this afternoon to do a walk-through, and boy are we going to have our hands full. There's a lot to do in this house. Nearly every room needs to be repainted and a few of the rooms (kitchen and all bathrooms) have wallpaper that has to go! The plan is to paint all weekend (and maybe finish a few rooms). I think people either love or hate to paint...we HATE it! Should be fun. Still not sure when we'll actually move in. We really want to have the paneling removed from the Den and the walls drywalled and painted beforehand, but I have no clue as to how long that will take so we'll see.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

OH gee! I hate hate hate wallpaper! We battled 3 bathrooms and its so messy!! sticky and sticky!paying for a "half-ass" job in my upstairs bathroom right now with crusty walls! gah! Yuppers...painting stinks.
OH and madie was a bouncie seat baby! hahha she was happy as a clam in that thing! how was I to know! yeah tummy time was tricky she would scccream most of the time on her tummy....LOL
Good Luck is all I can say. Its so exciting when you are done though!
Hugs
Me

Heather said...

I know you are so use to having Reagan in your arms.That is because you are the best mommy ever and don't argue with me on that.Glad to see the house is closing and even more excited to actually see it because you know I AM coming in the fall.When,not sure but this fall we are definitely making it!Kisses to Reagan and sure wish we were closer to help paint .... Mark was up until at least 2 the other night doing one of our bathrooms.He doesn't love it but he does it and me,I am just plan crappy at it and don't go near a brush.so you would be doing the painting and I would be holding Reagan!!!