Tuesday, July 28, 2009

All scoped out!

Well, we did it. It's over and done with and boy am I glad about that. Reagan slept well last night, waking just before 6am this morning. That in itself was a huge accomplishment, considering the gastrointestinal issues she had right before bed last night. I was only able to get another 4oz of the miralax/juice combo into her this morning and no more bowel movements. Not to be too gross, but they want you completely cleaned out for these things (otherwise they can't see) and I was afraid we were going to have to cancel. I called and they said that we could try to give her an enema to get things working again. It did work and she had another super liquidy diaper full. Turns out that they can still do it as long as the only stuff that's left is of a liquidy consistency. While we were on the phone they told us to come a little earlier (they must have had a no show), so we were there by 10am and Reagan was on her way back by 11am. I don't know, maybe I was expecting it to move a little more quickly, but I was getting a little panicky by the time they finished and finally came out to get me at 12:40. There were actually two scares. While sitting in the waiting room (and worrying about how long it had already been), we heard a doctor behind the door yelling that they needed a cardiologist ASAP because someone had an arrythmia! I was super concerned. I waited a few minutes and then called to the back and they said that Reagan was still finishing up with her procedure, no worries. Yeah right. Then when they called me back she was upset and crying, which is always upsetting, but then I heard the nurses whispering about a bleed. I did not like the sound of that. When I asked them about Reagan's procedure, they wouldn't tell me anything and just said that the doctor would talk to me about it. OK, so I was still worried and poor Reagan, she looked so pathetic. They let me pick her up and that's when she finally calmed down and went back to sleep. But I didn't breathe a sigh of relief until the doctor finally came in and went over everything (it took her forever...I think she was helping with the bleed, which thank God was not Reagan). Everything looks fine. Nothing appears out of the ordinary, but she did take lots of biopsies just in case. She also said that sometimes everything looks OK but the biopsies show something that you couldn't see visually. So now we wait for those results. They usually take a few days to come back and since our doctor is leaving town on Thursday and not coming back til next Tuesday, we probably won't hear back about it until then. I'm just SO glad that everything went smoothly. I was SO concerned with those scares...I was just praying NO complications, no complications. So thank you God, no complications. She's been sleepy all afternoon and only slightly irritable. My only concern now is that she seems to be having even more problems than usual swallowing her spit. I don't know if it's because her throat is sore from the endoscope or what, but she keeps choking! Poor girl. She's been through a lot today. Hopefully she'll have a good night's sleep and be ready for lots of therapy tomorrow!







3 comments:

Dawson said...

Thank goodness thats all over with. I know that this has to have been a big source of stress and worry the past few weeks. So glad the procedure went smoothly and hope that it helps with finding some answers for her poor tummy. Our love and prayers are with you

Shonda said...

Glad thats all over with. I will pray for you guys to have a good nights rest tonight. So glad things went well today. Reagan is so blessed to have such a caring and loving mommy.

Jamie said...

oh this sweet little girl..what can I say? Lots of prayers your way. Good Job!