Monday, June 15, 2009

Safe arrival

We’re here! Everything went surprisingly well. Reagan was a dream on the 3hr plane ride. We did have a few issues trying to get her carseat installed (since she’s over 2 and can’t sit on her own we had to put her in her carseat for takeoff and landing), but we eventually figured it out. Reagan has been super talkative today. She was pretty quiet on the plane but started up again right before we got off. What’s funny is that as we were exiting the plane several flight attendants commented on how sleepy she was (even though she was wide awake and babbling away on my shoulder). They just couldn’t get over how “out of it” she was! We just had to laugh about it…but I wonder how many parents would have been put off by that. At what point do you educate people and tell them that your child is not sleepy or out of it but she’s disabled and visually impaired? I don’t think I’m ready for that yet. Let me tell you, it’s not easy lugging around this child, her carseat, and our luggage. Thank God we bought one of those go go kidz pull carts, it attaches to the carseat and you can pull it through the airport with ease. It did take a little extra time to attach it and unattach it, but it was a life saver. After getting our luggage, we headed off to get our rental car. It took forever but we finally got a car and made our way toward the hospital. We stopped on the way and ate an early dinner and then checked into the International Guest House. You know the saying; you get what you pay for? Well that about sums it up. The A/C is broken, the refrigerator wasn’t working (turns out it was just off), the pillows are the super thin, plastic kind and the hallways smell like smoke (even though it's nonsmoking). All I can say is yuck. I don’t know if we’ll be staying here another night. Tomorrow night we’ll be in the hospital, so I’m thinking maybe we check into a real hotel on Wed our last night here. I was all for saving some money by staying here, but an A/C is something I cannot live without. We’re all super tired, so I’m just hoping it will cool down a little so we can get some sleep before heading over to the hospital tomorrow. Thanks for checking in on us and please keep the prayers coming!

10 comments:

Keri said...

We are praying for you guys! God is going to do some really cool stuff this week and I can't wait to hear all about it! You are being covered in prayer so rest easy...

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

I know those pillows SUCK...they are actually hospital pillows. By the way, it took us at least 5 full minutes of running the water on full blast to get any hot water. I hate that the housing options around the hospital are so limited.

I'll be thinking about you all tomorrow morning. I hope all goes well with getting the EEG all set up. I assume you already know that they will tape her down to the bed when they are putting the leads on. I was a little surprised the first time Sophie had an EEG there but they are very insistent on doing it that way.

Call me if you need anything at all.

Heather said...

Okay,here you go my friends.We will be praying for you and thinking of you the entire time.Kisses to sweet Reagan and what a good girl she was on the plane ... proud of her and you.Your doing great.Really you are.

blogzilly said...

Good luck. Yeah, I heard bad things about IGH, which is why we opted for a hotel that was around 2 miles away from the hospital.

For extended stays though, I think it blows that the facilities aren't better around there. No A/C is awful.

the Grandma said...

I got this email this morning and I want to pass it on! God is on our side.

"You may have difficulties that look extremely large, obstacles that look impassable, dreams that look unobtainable. But know this; when the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power, nothing can stop it. You need to get ready not for a trickle, not for a stream, not for a river. Get ready for a flood of God"s favor, a tidal wave of His goodness, a tsunami of His increase! Dare to believe that God is going to overwhelm you with victory in every area of your life today!"

I believe it with every fiber of my being! I KNOW that He has a wonderful plan!!!

I love you.....Grandma

Stacey said...

Best of luck with everything in Motown, and hopefully you find a more comfortable place to stay! Hang in there!

Jamie said...

I really can only laugh at your Hotel experience! Gotta love the feather pillows too that smoosh to pancakes!
GOOD LUCK!!
I will be thinking of lil Reagan hoping you all find some answers as well :)! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Many prayers are with all three of you as you continue on this journey.

Nancy said...

I pray for you and your sweet Reagan Leigh. Your strength and endurance is a model for us all. Good luck o this leg of your journey.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you guys :) I am excited to hear how everything goes......you are an inspiration to me for sure!!
Love ya'll!

Trina