Saturday, June 20, 2009

Not quite right

Last night we gave the melatonin another try (only this time 6mg). Reagan went to sleep early but then woke up again long enough for me to give her a dose. I'm not sure if it helped or not. It certainly wasn't a full night's sleep but she did go to sleep fairly quickly after getting the dose and then she slept about 4hrs or so. I wanted to try it again tonight but she fell asleep before I could give it to her. Hopefully she'll sleep without it. She's been quite the handful today. Very fussy and whiny most of the day. Then this afternoon we couldn't take it anymore so I gave her a suppository and that helped clean her out and afterward she seemed much improved. I think we're going to go ahead and schedule the endoscopy and colonoscopy for her. Things are still not right with her tummy even with the switch to soy, we need to get a look in there and make sure everything is OK. I hate the idea of more procedures, but we just have to get to the bottom of what is causing her so much pain. There are a lot of unknowns right now, hopefully we'll get some answers in the near future. Please continue to keep her in your prayers!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I just thought I would mention that a lot of kids that are sensitive to casein are also sensitive to soy. Our doctor told us to stay away from it. We use almond milk or rice. Almond tastes better in my opinion.
Reagan is getting so big and she is beautiful!

Reagan Leigh said...

Reagan has a small allergy to one of the milk proteins but is not allergic to soy, at least that's what her allergy tests revealed.

Rhea said...

Would prune juice help? I try that with Anna and that seems to work. Thought that I would mention it. Continuing to pray for you guys!!!