Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sweetie pie

Reagan has been such a sweetheart today. She slept well again last night. She went to bed around 9:30pm (woke up whining around 1am but went right back to sleep) and slept until 7:30am...our little sleeper!! Who would have guessed?!?! Although she is still sleeping in a swing, so at some point we'll have to get her out of that bad habit. She had a WONDERFUL therapy session today...probably her best yet. She's just been so alert and interactive lately. I think I started noticing it about a week or so ago. She's really been lifting her head way up when on her tummy (before she would be happy just resting it on the floor) and she's been kicking her legs like crazy lately! Today her PT worked with her a lot on rolling...she's so close but she still needs that little extra push/motivation to go all the way over. She even did standing at the end without so much as a peep! She's just been very easy going today. I love it! Below is a picture of Reagan in her cube chair. It's a neat little chair they had at her therapy place and I found one online and bought it to use at home. She sits up in it pretty well...although I have to constantly sit her back up straight because she still tries to slump over to one side. The key is keeping her arms over the sides, it helps to keep her more upright. We actually use it at therapy in helping to push through her legs into a standing position. She's got her AFOs and Hatchbacks (shoes made especially for AFOs) on in the picture. These shoes are good because they are velcro and open at the top and both sides making it very easy to put them on over her AFOs. She only wears them when she's wearing her AFOs and we're working on standing...but they're still pretty cute!


4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh Tera,look at her sitting there. she looks fantastic!I am so proud of her. What an inspiration you all are.I feel privileged to call you my friend.I am privileged to have been able to watch the grace and dignity and strength with which you have traveled this road with. I know the fight continues but she is on her way,I just know it!I see it!!

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Her onesie says it all...ADORABLE!!!

Jennifer said...

Very cute. I'm glad Reagan is having so many wondeful days!

Dawson said...

She is doing so great and we couldn't be happier!!