Monday, August 4, 2008

IBS...Irritable Baby Syndrome

Everything started out innocently enough this morning. Reagan woke up, I gave her her medicine, and fed her a bottle. She didn't really want to eat so I fought with her to get her to drink most of it and then she eventually went back to sleep. She took a good long nap and if I would have known what laid ahead I would have enjoyed the peace and quiet a little more (instead of spending my time playing phone tag with several doctor's offices). Reagan woke up at 11:30 and cried at the top of her lungs for more than 3 hours straight!!!!! My ears are still ringing. If I had to guess I would say it was stomach related but who the heck knows. Her vision therapist came at noon and needless to say that session was a complete wash. Then I had to cancel her afternoon PT session because she finally fell asleep and there was NO WAY I was going to wake her up! What a day. I need some tylenol. A lot of tylenol. Tonight she's been a little crazy. She perked up right before Mike walked through the door. It's like she drank a few Cokes and is super wired...one second she's squealing and grinning from ear to ear, the next second she's fussing and aggravated. Very strange. At least she's not screaming and crying like she was most of the day today...I don't know how to describe it, it's weird, she's almost too happy. I think it has to be medication related. I guess she just has to adjust to the increased dosage. We'll see. Tomorrow is a vacation day of sorts. Mike doesn't have to go to work because of the tropical storm/hurricane looming in the gulf. Hopefully we'll all be able to take it easy and rest a little (and not be blown away).

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh,the guessing game we play.Hope she and you find rest tonight.Prayers continue.