Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 5 HBOT

Wow...what a day. Not in a good way either. Reagan was up ALL night last night. OK, not all night but it sure felt like it. She went to bed around 8:45pm and slept until 2am. She woke up cranky and whiny. There was no getting her to go back down. I got up with her and tried to get her to take a bottle but she was just not having it. Around 3:45am she went down but only for about 20min and then she was up again but this time WIDE awake and happy. So I got up with her and we watched some early morning TV and I managed to get her to drink some milk (thinking surely it would make her tired). Nope. She was up until 6am when I finally laid her back in her swing awake but content. Then she woke up for good at 8:30am. What a night. So everything seemed alright with her in the morning...she was in a pretty good mood. We went to do her HBOT at 11 and she did fine for the first half. She started getting antsy the last 30 min and the whining returned. Then the last 10 minutes she was very upset...borderline hysterical (and a little stinky). Well sure enough she had a diaper full, so I assumed her tummy was hurting her. I changed her and headed back to the house but she didn't stop crying. Acutally, she didn't stop crying the rest of the day! We're talking nonstop every waking second hysterical crying! (And nearly hysterical Mommy!) I thought I was going to go insane! My Dad helped me and carried her around half of the time but there was just no consoling her. NOTHING. She did take a respectable 2 hr nap but she woke up in just as foul of a mood! You would think she would get tired...crying like that nonstop...apparently not! I know it's her tummy issues. Poor girl! She's got an appt in October with a good GI doctor...I just hope we can wait til October! She's finally down (I hope for the night) and anyone that wakes her...takes her! Needless to say driving back to Houston today just wasn't going to happen, so Mike is on his way up here for the holiday weekend. I did get one great piece of news today! The seating company that is ordering Reagan's chair for her is going to give us the stroller base (a $2500 value) free of charge!! How awesome is that?!?! I was thinking we were going to have to hold off and buy it next year because the chair itself was already so expensive, but they are going out of their way to get us one now! FREE!!! I couldn't be more happy about that! Finally something is going our way with this seating mess! Thank you God!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Even though I emailed you I just wanted to reiterate how I am so hoping that all parties involved,mommy,daddy and little Reagan, can pull of a happy,healthy, fairly uneventful weekend!Praying for that.

Kele said...

Still thinking of and praying for Reagan (and mommy!)
Great news about the stroller base! Ugh, I know how the cost of it all can be daunting!
LOVE the pool picture!