Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 2 HBOT

Reagan was a little sleepy yesterday afternoon, I'm not sure if it was from the HBOT (usually it gives them energy) or from not sleeping well the night before. She took a long nap and I finally forced her to wake up because I was afraid she'd be up all night if I didn't. That's hardly ever a good idea with Reagan...she hates to be woken up! So then she was super whiny until she went back down around 8:30pm. I wasn't sure if she was down for good or not, but when she was still asleep at 10 I decided it was time for me to get some sleep. She slept straight through til 6am! Which was awesome (albeit a little early)! But she woke up happy so I just laid her in bed with me until 7am when we both got up for good. She was good all morning...even during the 25min ride in the car to the HBOT place. We were going solo today so I was a little nervous but it all worked out fine. But then about halfway through the session she had a meltdown. She was tired and just couldn't fall asleep in there and was getting hysterical. We persevered...what choice did we have we're pretty much locked in there...and when we finally got out she was out like a light. We met up with Meghan (my friend from Houston whose son has been doing HBOT) and her mom and had lunch. Both kiddos slept the whole time, which makes for a nice quiet lunch. Then we went over to her mom's house and hung out for a while. We fed both of them and Reagan was up the whole time while Jackson went back to sleep with a full tummy. It was funny because as soon as we were about to leave Reagan was getting sleepy (perfect for the carride back) and Jackson finally woke up. Not much of a playdate but we mommies had fun! (By the way...I was unable to locate Reagan's protein powder in all of Austin, but thank God Meghan picked up a can for me and brought it back with her from Houston. Many thanks to her!) Reagan's seizures were similar to yesterday, a lot in the morning but they seemed to taper off a bit at night. She was good tonight and I gave her a bath (my first unassisted bath) in my stepmother's big bathtub and she really liked it! She kept kicking her feet in the water splashing around (it was easy on the back too because it's an elevated tub so I didn't have to bend down to bathe her). After all that excitement she tried to fall asleep without her medicine, but I did my best to force it all down her (although she did spit out her fair share). Oh well. I didn't want to take any chances with her going down for the night early (like she did last night) without getting her medicine. Please continue to keep her in your prayers...I'm excited about the many benefits this HBOT therapy has to offer.







3 comments:

Heather said...

My favorite part of the post was picturing her in the bath splashing in the water.I am also glad you and Jacksons mom spent some time together. It is nice to have someone who understands and gets where you are in your life right now.Thinking of you and praying for Reagan as always.

Heather said...

*Thanks for the picture!!!!!

teresa said...

What a great tub. Glad you had one full night's sleep. She looks so cute. Have not missed a day praying. Talked to God about her this morning. We love her so much. God and me! Teresa