Saturday, August 9, 2008

Big girl

We made it to Austin. Reagan wasn't too happy about it. She slept for about an hour and then woke up fussy. I don't think she's too thrilled about her new carseat. We finally switched out her infant carseat with a convertible carseat (she had already reached the max weight limit). It's super nice and fancy (the Britax Boulevard it even has a nice side impact protection feature that kind of cradles her head which is great) but I don't think she likes sitting so upright. Oh well...I guess she's just going to have to get used to it because we can't go back to using the other one. I think she also needs to begin sleeping in her crib soon because she's just getting too big for the baby swing. We brought her swing with us but when we put her in it last night you could tell something wasn't quite right. It was dying (her new swing, the one we only bought maybe 2 months ago). So I was up and down all night trying to soothe her and get her to go back to sleep. Needless to say, we were at Babies R Us first thing this morning to buy a replacement. But honestly...we're going to have to wean her off the swing because she's not getting any lighter and it's only a matter of time before this newest swing dies too! I don't know if it was the lack of sleep or the new surroundings or what but Reagan was in a HORRIBLE mood this morning. She woke up early having a lot of seizures but she was in an OK mood, then around 10am or so she just went ballistic screaming and crying nonstop for several hours. There was just no soothing her, so finally we went ahead with our plans to go visit my stepsister and her family. Reagan finally fell asleep and took a good long nap and then woke up a new baby...thank goodness because she was being a terror! We took her to the pool and her Aunt Jennifer took her swimming...she seemed to like it. Then we came back to my Dad's house and spent the rest of the night watching the olympics with my Dad and my stepmother Karen (who just returned early from a tennis tournament with a broken wrist). Busy day. I hope we all get some rest tonight...we could use it!



1 comment:

teresa said...

I am glad the trip turned out better for ya'll. She looked like she really liked the water. I will pray about the changeover to the crib. It will be an adjustment for everyone. I continue to lift her to Christ daily. Teresa