Monday, August 11, 2008

Yet another good one

Last night Reagan was so funny! She was in such a good mood and so wide awake and interactive we couldn't get her to sleep. We finally just had to lay her down in her swing sometime after midnight. She slept in a little and woke up just as happy as could be. I think we've decided to do the HBOT in spite of our appt today. We got to the HBOT place this morning and the doctor who was supposed to do the evaluation was not there. We ended up having to go over to her actual office (another 10miles away), which was pretty pointless. She just gave Reagan the once over and said OK. I guess it's just a formality and they have to have a doctor's approval, but really. The place is just not very well run and the guy that is in charge is a little harebrained and disorganized but I think we're still going to give it a try. I do want to check with her doctors ahead of time, but I'm thinking maybe in the next couple weeks we'll get her started on a 10 session treatment. Reagan was so wonderful again today. Two days in a row. Such a sweetie. And super talkative today. She even slept for most of the drive home so that worked out great. I did up her morning dose today to 875mg...by Wednesday she'll be getting that twice a day. So far so good. She's still having quite a few seizures in the morning and scattered ones throughout the day, but they are significantly less than when we first started this medication. Hopefully we'll begin to see less with this new increase. Please keep her in your prayers!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome home.Sounds like you all had a good trip. Love the pictures in the pool and I most of all love that she sounds so HAPPY. What a sweet little doll baby. So very thankful that her seizures continue to head in the right direction.Prayers as always come your way.

sara said...

Tera,
Are there any other hbot places close? My experience with hbot was a wonderful one. The center was super super nice and very well organized. Gregory was 21 months at the time and they gave us extra special care because he was so little. I hope the same for you guys. I didn't notice changes in Gregory until probably about session 15-20. So don't be disappointed if you don't notice anything in the first 10. My understanding is you need to do a straight 40 sessions to really get the benefit. I pray that this helps her!
Sara

teresa said...

I enjoy reading all the good news with her tallking and sleeping a little better. I prayed for her this morning. God is so good. Teresa

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed seeing y'all and am so happy to hear that Reagan is doing so well. What a welcome blessing! xoxo

Monica, James, Connor McGuire said...

SO glad to hear that Reagan is doing so well. I told my hubby last night that maybe we should try vigabatrin & see if Connor has as good of results as Reagan has. It is one of the couple that his Dr mentioned the last time we were there. We go back on the 25th so we will see. The HBOT sounds very interesting...can't wait to hear how it goes!