Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday

Today has been a better day for Reagan. She's definitely been less fussy...a lot of the swelling in her gums seems to have gone down. Unfortunately the teeth still haven't broken the skin, so I'm sure we'll have more teething drama in the days to come. Her sleep has been very erratic lately. For the last several days she's been taking little 15-20min cat naps during the day and then waking up every 1-2 hrs at night. She did manage to finally take a long 2hr nap this afternoon, which is good because she really needed some quality rest. She fell asleep in Grandma's lap outside while I planted flowers in the flowerbeds. I think being warm like that helps her fall asleep, because twice last week she fell asleep as soon as I put her in her warm car seat. Reagan has her appt tomorrow morning at 9:45am with the nurse practitioner at the epilepsy clinic to see about adjusting the diet. They are going to check her blood (for levels of I don't know what) and then determine what course of action we need to take. I'm hoping that this tweaking of the diet is going to be just what she needs to get back on track to having less seizures. Keep her in your prayers...

4 comments:

teresa said...

She is in my prayers.
Teresa

angelgab said...

hi, i know what you're going through. i am also a mother and my son who just turned 2 is also having seizures which are hard to control. i am so confused and i don't know what to do. i was searching on the internet if there is a correlation between teething and siezures when i chanced upon your blogsite. i felt the need for comfort from someone who is in the situation as me. i admire your strength. i guess i can learn from you. i just feel so lost. he's our first baby and i cannot accept what he's going through.

Reagan Leigh said...

Angelgab,
I know how you feel. I've done my fair share of searching the internet as well. It's a tough situation we've been placed in...but I have already seen a lot of good come out of the bad and I have to believe that Reagan is going to beat these seizures any day now! Please don't hesitate to email me if you'd like to talk further.
Tera

Marc said...

I know the teething is rough to get through - hopefully Reagan will have some relief soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you.