Saturday, June 7, 2008

Rest

The teething continues...poor girl, she can't catch a break. Reagan's been whiny/fussy all day again (and the sleep last night, well just look at the picture below...her onesie says it all). Luckily, I got to take a break from it today (or unlucky for Mike). I had a spa day today. It was actually a Christmas present from Mike 2yrs ago when I was pregnant with Reagan. I decided to save it until after I had given birth, but then I was breast feeding and Reagan was colicky so I never found a chance to get away. Then after the seizures began I just didn't feel right pampering myself...how could I go relax with my baby at home having seizures. I'll tell you...it was hard (really). I guess it's something you can't ever get away from. During my massage this morning I found myself spending those precious moments of silence in prayer for Reagan. It was nice to have a little quiet time away from the teething woes, but now it's back to reality and those gums are still as swollen as ever. Hopefully she can get some rest tonight.




3 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad you were able to sneak away for awhile. Sometimes if we get a moment or two, to regroup, it helps us be better moms. I hope those teeth appear soon for Reagan. Doesn't it seem like they deserve just something to come easy to them? Easy teething would be a nice start. We continue our prayers and know Monday can't come soon enough for you.

mom said...

Sometimes we just NEED to get away in order to restore ourselves. It sounds like you spent your time in a very productive way( and I'm talking about the prayer....NOT the worrying!)
"Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
I can hardly wait for tomorrow. I just know this will be the answer to our prayers!

I LOVE YOU.....the Grandma

teresa said...

I am glad you had some time for yourself. I am praying continuously for her seizures and rest. I want to hear how the appointments go tomorrow. I hope you and Reagan get some rest tonight. Teresa