Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More teeth?

Reagan has been a handful today. She was up a lot last night (having a lot of seizures) and today she's just been all around fussy most of the day! During one of her crying fits, when her mouth was wide open, I saw what I think are more teeth coming in. Her two top front teeth. Her gums are red and there's a little white sliver on the left side (just like we saw before the bottom two came in)...that could explain why she's been so cranky (and potentially why she's having so many seizures...teething can lower their threshold for seizures). She's having so many seizures right now...it's very frustrating. I hate to see her go through this. I wish they would just change the ratio of the diet now, but they want us to wait and come in on Monday. SO frustrating. I want relief for her NOW! Maybe they'll decrease once she gets over the initial stages of this teething? Please keep her in your prayers!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I cannot wait for you guys to get Reagan in on Monday. It can't come soon enough. My heart breaks that she is having so many. Breaks for her. Breaks for you. My prayers are never ending and you know I am only a phone call away.

Ivey's Story said...

Thank you for your encouragement. I hate to read that Reagan is having seizures. It is tough to watch Ivey when she has hers. Normally they come in clusters and last over 15 minutes each. Her last gran mal lasted 50 minutes.

My middle name is Reagan! Spelled the same way and all. Reagan was almost Ivey's name, but I decided I wanted her to have her own unique name, even though I love my name (I go by Gwen), so Ivey it was. Looking back, I think it worked out perfectly- she is her own person with her very own special name. (I do think she has my spunk and determination though!)
God speed on those seizures. And, get out there! The world is waiting for Reagan!! She is a life lesson few can phathom, but so worth the opportunity. Wish I were a little closer.