Monday, June 16, 2008

Ketones

Reagan actually had a pretty good night last night...only waking up 3-4 times (every 2hrs or so but quickly going back to sleep each time). Seizurewise things have been the same today as yesterday. I've been testing her urine for ketones (so glamorous I know) and I've noticed that in the mornings she tends to be in the moderate range while at night she's testing in the large range for ketones. This could possibly explain why she's having more seizures in the AM than the PM (since she goes all night without eating). I spoke with the nurse practitioner about it today and we're going to try to work in a nighttime feeding for her to try to keep her in ketosis all of the time. I'm still waiting to hear back from the nutritionist about how we're supposed to do that. We're going to hold out on checking her blood again until her ketones even out. Reagan has been in a great mood today (much like yesterday) and was quite the little angel at therapy. I'm hoping she's as cooperative tomorrow for her PT appt. Still no word from the genetics dept.

No comments: